Need your acrylic nails removed but don’t have the time or stamina to visit a salon?
We’ve all been there, so it’s better to remove your manicure properly rather than prying it off your natural nails
(ouch!) or mindlessly chewing it off while binge-watching Netflix Seasons
The measures are as follows:
- Remove acrylic nails from your hands as close to your real nails as possible without actually snipping them off.
- Fill a big Ziploc baggie halfway with 100 percent acetone, just enough to completely submerge your nails.
- Tilt the bag to one side so the acetone collects in one corner, then put your hand in the bag and let the acetone soak through your nails.
- Leave them to sit for 15 to 20 minutes (a decent time to binge-watch a Netflix show), then gently scrape the acrylics away with a wooden cuticle stick.
- If the acrylics don’t come off quickly, soak them again for five minutes before trying again.
- To finish, buff away any residual residue.