Miguel Cotto Net Worth – Miguel Cotto was born in Providence, Rhode Island (United States). Who was overjoyed to be born in the nation due to the abundance of possibilities and opportunities accessible? A person may work very hard and become the wealthiest and most successful guy in the world. Juana Vasquez is his mother, and Miguel Cotto is his father.
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Real Name||Miguel Ángel Cotto Vázquez|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1980|
|Birth Place||Providence, RI|
|Profession||Puerto Rican former professional boxer|
|Age||40 Years Old|
Miguel Cotto is a boxer from Puerto Rico with a net worth of $25 million. Cotto’s 17-year career lasted from 2001 to 2017, during which he won several world titles. He is the first Puerto Rican boxer to win world championships in four different weight classes, from light-welterweight to middleweight.
Miguel Cotto Net Worth
- Cotto started his professional career in 2001 after representing his native Puerto Rico as an amateur boxer in a number of tournaments (including the 2000 Olympics).
- He subsequently beat Kelson Pinto in 2004 to win the WBO light welterweight championship, which he successfully defended six times.
- He never lost a defense, although he did relinquish his championship to fight at welterweight.
- In 2006, he won the WBA welterweight championship, which he defended four times until losing to Antonio Margarito.
- Although he won the vacant WBO welterweight championship in 2009, he lost it later that year against Manny Pacquiao.
His family members are boxers, and his father is an excellent boxer. Jose finishes his professional career as a four-time champion.
All family members live and train in the same house. Similarly, Roberto Duran and George Edward Foreman encounter many obstacles during their careers.
His cousin, Abner Cotto, is also a talented boxer, and the two train together. Abner moved to the lightweight category and won the championship.
Even his family is extremely supportive of his goal of becoming a world-famous boxer and is tremendously interested in sports.
He was trained by his uncle, who was a former boxing trainer named Evangelista Cotto.
He began boxing at a young age and first sets out to reduce weight. He was determined to become a well-known and successful fighter. As a result, he receives training at Bairoa GYM and develops his abilities.